Friday 31 January 2014

Packing my bags for London

Just incase you haven't heard yet, I'm moving to London on Saturday to start my new job. This is my first proper office job and I have had to reboot my wardrobe after 4 yrs of casual living which including buying a new bag! I bought a stunning brown leather bag for a third of the original price at TK Maxx and then set about buying mini essentials to fill it.
After watching Vivianna Does Makeup's What's in my bag video this week I picked up an antibacterial hand gel from Carex moisturising to try and protect my hands a little more and Tisserand De-Stress aromatherapy roller ball for the tube journey home at the end of the day. I also chose the Revlon Highlighting Palette in Bronze Glow to add a healthy glow to my complexion (I use this under my foundation ala Goss Makeup Artist) and the Rimmel Exaggerate eye shadow primer as I needed a cheap primer. The mouthwash is for use after lunch (I don't like gum) and I will fill it up from a big bottle when I run out.
I did buy the Superdrug own Vitamin E eye cream and Radiance moisture cream- under no circumstances should you buy these; they both have large amounts of glitter in (presumably to add radiance, but it's way over the top) and the eye cream dries to a chalky texture which is particularly unpleasant. I'm not too annoyed because they were so cheap but I'm going to be saving my pennies to buy a high quality eye cream and moisturiser and I'l make sure I'm shopping somewhere I can test a little bit for texture first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)