Friday 24 January 2014

Cambridge Haul

I thought I'd show you what I picked up while I was in Cambridge because we all love a good haul post :). Nail polish wise I got hold of No 7 Galaxy which is rumoured to be a dupe of Chanel Taboo; whether it is or not Galaxy is an amazing wine shade with tons of shimmer including occasional flashes of blue shimmer- it's just beautiful. I also went to the pound shop and got three Sinful Colours polishes; Cinderella, UFO and ___. To finish off the nail polish buy I went into M&S and was seduced by their textured nail polishes in pastel shades. There are beautiful lilac, peach, blue and sage green colours and I eventually chose the sage green colour to try at home before maybe buying more. I would say these are slightly less textured than OPI Liquid Sands, more similar to the Zoya Pixie Dusts.
On Friday while I was on the tube (in London) I saw a girl putting on a lip product and it looked so amazing on her that I knew I had to have it! Luckily I recognised the packaging and went straight to Boots to buy Rimmel Apocalips in Eclipse. Although this looks a little scary in the tube it gives a fantastic glossy but not sticky finish and the colour is not overpowering for girls with very fair skin. It is also relatively easy to apply- I put mine on while on a bus, it does require a mirror though. I also picked up two of the new Revlon Matte Balm Crayons in Standout and Mischievous. I ordered these online to pick up in Boots and actually thought I was ordering Complex instead of Mischievous but now I've tried Mischievous I really like it. I also have my eye on Sultry and may well pick that up at some point. 
My fabulous boyfriend also got me this gorgeous yellow leather Filofax in the January sales- he knew I'd been looking for one. I've been using it non-stop since and I love it so much.
And to top off a brilliant weekend I got home and my mum had bought me a tangle teaser (the red thing in the background of the first pic), although it is not good for styling it's fantastic for making your hair shiny and detangled. I can't really say if it is less painful than other brushes though as I don't have knotty hair. The daisy bracelet was my treat to myself after a long series of interviews and looks very delicate and classy on.

1 comment:

  1. Rimmel's Apocolips are literally the most amazing lipglosses in the world! They're definitely my favourite! :D Lovely haul though, I'm a bit jealous! :P x

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)