Wednesday 20 November 2013

33DC Black Matte Contrast Nails

The challenge for today is to choose a manicure from your pinterest board and recreate it. I choose this one from Copy That Copy Cat nails. But because my nails are shorter my shiny details are less complex.
I used my Barry M matte polish in Espresso for the base coat and then used NYC Grand Central Station to create the patterns. I much prefer this way of using the contrast between matte and shiny than just doing a french manicure, it gives it a subtle elegance. I'm not sure how long this will last because there's no top coat involved and matte nail polishes are notorious for chipping quickly. Here is Espresso alone at 2 coats:
My computer has done something really weird to the next photo but it made me giggle quite a lot so I thought I'd share it with you.
Remember to check out everyone else's pinterest inspired manis through the inkslinks below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)