Saturday 14 September 2013

Blogger Nominations- The Verstile Blogger and The Liebster Award

Over the past couple of months I've been nominated for both the Versatile Blogger and the Liebster Award but kept forgetting to do them so I'm sorry this is going to be a fairly large post.
Rules:
1) Thank the person who nominated you
2) Include a link to their blog
3) Select 15 new blogs/bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly
4) Nominate those bloggers for a Versatile Blogger Award, leave a link to their page and let them know they have been nominated
5) Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself


I was nominated by Jayna over at the Sequinned Nail for the versatile blogger, thanks Jayna :).
7 facts about me: 
1) I can sing and play the clarinet
2) Before university I lived in Australia for a year and worked on a racing horse stud farm
3) I am really short, 5'2" which is really irritating sometimes
4) I studied Biology at university
5) I really want a pet Degu (shown to the right)
6) I love to read and my favourite book is Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
7) I do ballroom and latin dancing competitively (there's a video of me dancing at the bottom of this post)



Rules
1. You must nominate 11 other bloggers, all with fewer than 200 followers, and you must notify them of your nomination.
2. You must answer 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
3. You must give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
4. You must link back to the blogger who nominated you.


I have been nominated by both Danielle of a Shi..p Load of Polish and Take me to Your Lacquer

Do you have any other passions, besides nail painting? Yes- I am a keen singer and I love science (particularly conservation science)
If you could live anywhere, where would you choose? Australia, I love it there but it's just too far away from my family and friends to move permanently
Is there a polish brand that you love most, is there a brand that started your addiction? This is a hard one, I think OPI started my polish addiction and Digital Nails started my indie addiction
What/ who got you into blogging? Once I discovered that nail blogs existed I decided to start one up straight away- I love being able to share my art with people who also love it
When was your last act of kindness, and what was it? A very small one but my housemate is ill and I did her washing up for her so she could go to bed
Is there anyone you would really like to meet (celeb, polish maker, etc), and why? I would love to meet David Attenborough- the things he's seen are just incredible, he must have so many stories. Or Stephen Fry- I saw this the other day and it made me giggle so much
Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? I would like to be settled with a steady job living with my partner. 
What superpower would you most like to have? Most people say flying or invisibility, I think teleportation would be awesome so you never had any travel time.
Describe your typical day: I'm currently job hunting so I work from home searching the recruitment sites and writing CVs and cover letters. In the evening I'll often go meet friends or go dancing
What is your comfort food? Crisps and chips ( have you tried potato wedges with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce?)
Favourite & least favourite colour? My favourite colour is definitely blue, my least favourite is black (I like it on occasion but not to wear)
Do you prefer brands or indies? Brands for Cremes Indies for everything else
Do you have a hand/cuticle routine or are you one of the chosen few who don't have to look after their cuticles too much? I don't have a routine (I'm not a routine person) I just put on OPI Avoplex oil if things are starting to feel dry
Are you allowed to wear your nail art in work? If not, do you do it anyway? :p As above currently job searching so I wear what I like
Favourite author? Terry Pratchett
Do you update your blog as regularly as you'd like to? I update every day so I guess the answer is yes, I'm planning on dialling back a little actually
Playstation, Xbox or PC? I'm not really a gamer
Do you use a lightbox when taking photos of your nails? No, I don't own a lightbox and haven't felt the need for it yet (maybe in the middle of British winter I'll think differently)
Favourite and least favourite nail art trends? My favourite is glitter, my least favourite is a tie between caviar beads and flocking, yuck
Are you a fan of delicious flavour? This is a reference to a TV show I've never even heard of before lol
Are you the kind of person who hears a new song then listens to it over and over until you hate it? Yes but I don't hate them I just stop really hearing them
What do you need more of in your nail polish stash? Jelly polishes, they don't seem very prevalent in the UK and I really want some. Plus Digital Nails- I just want every polish she's ever made

PHEW- congratulations if you made it this far! I'm now going to link 10 bloggers to do whichever of these they prefer (or both if they're so inclined) and who I think you guys should check out:


And should you choose to do the Liebster Award I would like to know:
What's your favourite design you've ever done?
Who's your favourite blogger?
Do you plan your blog posts or just wing it?
Do you have any pets?
What's your favourite TV show?
If you could time travel where would you go?
What colour do you have the most of in your polish collection?
What are you most proud of in your life?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking me back, great answers! I agree with the dislike of flocking, bleurgh!

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)