Friday 6 September 2013

31DC: Purple End of Summer Lavender Nail Art

When I think about the end of summer I think of the smell of lavender. In Cambridge at the moment all of the lavender is out and I love it, the smell and the look. Nail lacquer UK currently has a competition running where the theme is "the end of summer" so I thought I'd paint lavender on my nails. This also fits with the purple themed of the 31 day challenge.
The base for this manicure is Essie Rock the Boat and then I used Cirque Erda and A England Lady of the Lake.
I then decided to matte top coat the manicure to make it more interesting- sometimes the matte just makes manicures look complete and I think that is the case here.
Back to normal non- rotated pictures, I only thought that I should have done these the other way up for the sake of photos after I had done them...
I really really like this nail art and I hope you do too :). You may have noticed a new tab pop up in my pages this is where I will be summing up my 31 day challenge posts as I continue through the challenge so feel free to go have a look and see all of my challenge manis in one place :).

6 comments:

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)