Monday 23 September 2013

31DC Inspired by a Film 33DC Dots

Woo double challenge! Today I am doing film for the 31 day challenge and dots for the Crumpet's Nail Tarts 33 day challenge. I decided to do a very iconic film in dots so that if I mucked it up it would still be recognisable. However, I think I did a pretty good job representing Harry Potter in dots. 
We have a Gryffindor scarf, HP himself, a snitch and a bludger and a wand casting a spell. I think my favourite is the snitch, that large dot is just perfect. 
I used quite a lot of different polishes for this manicure, but I was careful not to use too many to ensure it was a cohesive design. The base is OPI My Vampire is Buff and then the art was done using NYC High Line Green, Park Ave, Chelsea Cherry, Barry M Black, Revlon Hypnotise and Elegant Touch White.
It was fun designing a mani in which I would only use dotting tools to actually portray something. Excitingly, as this goes out I will be off being an extra in the new feature film The Theory of Everything about Stephen Hawking.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Emma! what a great mani, you'd say two birds one stone, but I totally recognize Harry potter before I read your post! So I'd say you've done a pretty good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting your proposal

    ReplyDelete
  3. clever work Emma ..like the idea and the mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a neat idea! And good luck extra-ing!

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)