Tuesday 24 September 2013

31DC Inspired by a Book

These nails are inspired by the cover art on the book Beauty by Robin McKinley. It's a fantastic retelling of Beauty and the Beast, slightly darker and a lot more realistic. Anyway the cover of the book is red with silver roses and flourishes so I thought I'd recreate that look.
The base colour is Deborah Lippmann Through the Fire, the glitter is Pocket Money Polishes Sparks Fly. I did the stamp with Barry M Silver Foil which I also used for the roses along with A England Dorian Gray and Dance Legend Teleportation. Teleportation is incredibly holographic and I love the effect this gives the roses.
The stamping plate is Moyou plate 04 from the Sailor Collection. My moyou plates are simply incredible, perfectly etched with really cool designs.
I love how this turned out, the contrast of silver on red is exquisite and the tiny holographic flash is great. I actually have plans to do some more holographic roses for a later manicure in the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)