Thursday 19 September 2013

31DC Galaxy

I wanted to do something a little different for galaxy and try and portray the majority of space which is big and black and dusty. Forgive me for the shine on these pictures, I am going to be making a lightbox asap but I need to find a suitable box first.
galaxy-manicure
I started with a layer of black and then sponged my dark effect polishes over the top. The circles came out of Smitten Polish The Ghost of Jupiter and they represent distant planets and stars. 
galaxy-manicure
The polishes: A England Bridal Veil, Deborah Lippmann Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Dollish Polish The Man in Black and Smitten Polish The Ghost of Jupiter. 
I then matted this and it looks amazing matte, you can see the sparkle in the black undies and more of the colours from The Man in Black. 
Two days of space themed manis, I'll have to try and avoid them for the rest of the challenge. Tomorrow is the dreaded water marble which I am definitely not looking forward to, it's the technique that just doesn't work for me.

1 comment:

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)