Thursday 22 August 2013

Pastel Pixellation Nail Art

Are you ever inspired by the name of a polish to create nail art? As soon as I saw this polish I knew I wanted to draw on my own pastel pixels on my accent nail. Although in hind sight I think the polishes I chose were too pale.
The base polish here is the gorgeous Pastel Pixellation by Smitten Polish, three coats of which produce this colour which changes between pastel pink and purple depending on the light with multi coloured square glitter in it.
To create this very subtle pixel effect I drew on the squares with my Barry M white nail art pen and then went back in with my coloured polishes and a paintbrush to colour in the squares.
My idea was to have a gradient of squares from pale blue through purple to pink.
If I were to repeat this I would change the colour of my pixels.

2 comments:

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)