Thursday 1 August 2013

Emily de Molly Oceanic Forces and Crows Toes Absolum Swatch

So the OMD Challenge is over, it's been a long month but I have enjoyed it all. Today I have two beautiful glitter polishes to show you, Emily de Molly's Oceanic Forces and Crows Toes Absolum your potions master.
Oceanic Forces is a gorgeous deep teal jelly polish with aqua glitter and large blue glitter circles. This polish comes with a warning that you will have to fish for the large circles to get them out and this is true you definitely do have to but the polish finish is worth it. It is completely opaque in two medium coats and with a little placement it's easy to get the circles exactly where you want on the nail. My nails are fairly curved so I had to use a very thick layer of top coat to make the circles lie flat to my nail.
Deliberately blurry photo to show off the holo in this glitter.
I decided to pair Absolum with the shimmery copper tones of Nails Inc Horse Guards Parade. Absolum  has blue, green, copper and silver glitter with black bar glitter. I think I prefer this polish when it's sparse on the nail but there's so much glitter in the bottle that it's hard to achieve this sparse look while also getting all of the glitter types onto the nails.
This polish has been on my wish list for ages and I managed to get it in a blog sale last week so I love it, and it is definitely all the better for the wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)