Monday 1 July 2013

Day 1:Pink OMD Challenge

I'm very excited to be participating in the new OMD challenge starting today! Today's challenge is pink, I rarely wear pink on my nails but I recently got some polishes from Tara's Talons a new British Indie Polish maker. She formulates a lot of unique nail polishes, which is really exciting because I have the only bottle :). This one is called Wet Bikini. It's a pink crelly with gold, pink, orange and blue hexagonal glitter and blue micro glitter in there.
More details and some nail art below the jump
The formula of this was excellent, it was a dream to apply and I am showing you 2 coats with no undies and no topcoat, look at how shiny it is!
I then put black triangular frames around the pink to make it stand out more, starting out slowly to build to some more complex designs over the month. I just freehanded these with the polish brush and the black is Barry M.
I have another three of Tara's polishes to show you soon and I cannot wait. I can't speak highly enough of the polish or her customer service, one of the bottles I ordered broke in the post and she sent me out another bottle the same day and gave me a discount code for my next purchase- and make no mistake I will be ordering again. I'm already thinking about birthday presents, how cool to be able to give someone a nail polish which is theirs alone.
Remember to look at all of the other designs people have come up with for pink here!

4 comments:

  1. Wet Bikini is a great name! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't like pink either, but this is good to get me out of my comfort zone. Nicely done nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :), I think that's why I put black over the top to hide some of the pinkness.

      Delete

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)