Wednesday 15 May 2013

Review of Revolution by piCture pOlish

I purchased Revolution by piCture pOlish a couple of weeks ago and have been putting it through it's paces with different brands of glitter in my manis and I thought I'd share my findings. piCture pOlish advise using two coats of the base and when it's dry it feels like a rubber coating on your nails (it smooths out nail ridges as well). It drys quite quickly so you don't have to wait for a long time between coats. It wears just as well as any other of my base coats (although I never wear a mani for more than three days so I can't guarantee any longer than this).

I have used Revolution under the following polishes:

  • Paradise by piCture polish
  • B for Butterflies by Happy Hands 
  • Am I not yours by Happy Hands
  • Ray of Light by Deborah Lippmann
  • Confettis by L'Oreal
  • Gramercy Glitz by NYC
  • Abstract Canvas by Emily de Molly
  • Majestic Flight by Emily de Molly
Revolution is noticeably less effective if you use only one coat however, when you use two coats it does make taking glitter off almost as easy as taking off regular polish. There is still some rubbing necessary (especially if there are large glitter pieces present as with Abstract Canvas). After the polish is off it is often possible to rub your nails and pull Revolution off (like the rubbery bits you get off erasers when you rub them on a table). It has not made my nails weaker (and they are often weak and flaky). Overall I think piCture pOlish has done a fabulous job with this base coat, it does what it says on the bottle efficiently and effectively and makes changing glitter polish less of a nuisance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)