Wednesday 3 April 2013

Stop snowing stamping!

I don't know if you're aware but last weekend it snowed in my home (near Huddersfield, England). It snowed a lot! Which was really unfortunate because I was so ready for spring and even dreaming of summer. Hence these incredibly colourful tropical inspired gradient nails with a little bit of stamping over the top. Totally ridiculous but they cheered me up :)
The California palm tree stamp inspired this design
The yellow I used for stamping is also the yellow in the base which is why you can't see the top of the tree.
I love the yellow flowers fading out of the gradient. I don't know why my palm looks so tanned in this one.
Or why one side of my thumb looks tanned in this one- weird
I didn't like this one as much as my other manis- I think I should have stamped them all in yellow- I really like that if you take a glance it just looks like a gradient but on closer inspection there are designs over the top.

Polishes used:
Gradient- NYC High line green and Water street blue, Bourjois Sunny sun yellow
Stamping- Sunny sun and OPI Flashbulb fuchsia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)