Wednesday 17 April 2013

Purple Fishtail

I saw this tutorial for fishtail nails by Chalkboard nails and really wanted to try them out. So I did a three colour fishtail with purples and a pink and it's beautiful!

Fishtail Nails
This involves painting arcs of colour freehand with the polish brush and if you have steady hands this will be quite easy to achieve. It's one of those amazing manicure styles which makes your nails look longer whilst also looking fresh and elegant.



The base is NYC Lavender Cupcake with OPI Tomorrow never dies and Flashbulb fuchsia. Tomorrow never dies is definitely my go to purple and NYC is just my favourite cheap brand- their polishes are fantastic quality and so affordable. I actually bought two more of their new pastel colours today- raindrop and blue sky. I hope they are as amazing as Lavender cupcake.


The only thing I disliked about this mani was the cleanup- the technique you use to do this pretty much guarantees some nail polish on the sides of your fingers so it took a little longer than normal. 

I have another fishtail mani to show you- just using two colours for a simpler effect so look out for that in a couple of days time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments and greatly enjoy hearing your thoughts on my manicures :)